Monday, January 11, 2010

I’m changing careers

I’ve decided I’m going to give up web development indefinitely in favor of playing poker full-time.

Most folks think this sounds crazy, but it’s only crazy if I fail. And I don’t think I will. I’ve built up a small bankroll over the last couple years of playing casually. Now I’m going to slowly build that bankroll into something I should be able to pay myself a small salary with in the next 6 months or so.

Nobody really reads this blog, but I wanted to post this decision out to the innertubes to make myself somewhat committed.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it turns out I am crazy.

    I did fail, sorta. After about 3 months of playing and going through about $15k in buyins. I netted about -$500.

    So for now, I think I'll leave it as an occasionally profitable hobby :)

    Crap, what now?

    ReplyDelete